Friday, June 21, 2013

Slowly Getting Back Into the Swing Of Things

We hit the ground running after our business/vacation trip....tenants moved out...wow, people do not clean their living spaces anymore!  Gross!  We did takeout (mostly salads because we're trying to get back into eating lower fat and it's been pretty humid here) most of the time but last week I did get a chance to cook.

I haven't downloaded the photos of the food yet, but will try to get that done this weekend.  The dish I really liked from this past weekend - a lighter version of Moo Shu Chicken without the plum or hoisin sauce and made with turkey instead of chicken.  Even before we started Dukan, I already stopped using hoisin sauce on my Moo Shu Chicken.  

The only reason we used turkey is because we had some leftover turkey I wanted to use up.  It's a labor intensive dish if you clean your bean sprouts like we do...picking off all the browned ends.  It took me over half and hour just to prep the veggies.  While I cooked the dish, I vowed outloud to never make Moo Shu again because of the time spent in the kitchen but I really enjoyed the taste...so I may make it again...maybe without bean sprouts this time!

While on our trip, I did gain a couple pounds...I ate everything, no dieting.  Did a lot of walking and hiking...which may be why I only gained two pounds.  The male half didn't gain anything!  Arrgh.

In the last two weeks though, I've been eating more salads and pretty much have been eating like I'm in Cruise (but no PP days) and I've lost about 3 pounds.   We'll slowly but surely get back on track...we have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment